Click here to shop on Amazon

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mother's Day

The Friday before Mother's Day we all went into town purchase a microwave for ourselves that we had saved up for and a stove as a surprise for my mother in law. All her children came together and decided to get her a stove because the one that she was using was at this point dangerous. Three of her sons waited until she was asleep on Saturday night and then went in to take away the old one and put in the new one. Her instructions from my hubby was not to go into the kitchen on Mother's Day because meals were being taken care of but sometime early that morning she for some reason had to go into the kitchen for something so she got the surprise when no one was there to witness her reaction.

She was so thankful. Her hubby cooked breakfast for her that morning and Ivon and my hubby cooked lunch for everyone and invited them over after church. I picked up his grandma whilst they were putting the finishing touches on lunch. My hubby, father in law and my brother in law Ivon putting the finishing touches on the meal.




Here are the pictures of the meal. It tasted delicious I must add. The menu consisted of fried fish my hubby caught with his dad, fried chicken, noodles, tomato sauce, ground provisions(dasheen, green bananas, tania), corn on the cob and pumpkin rice.









The Men's ministry of the church planned for the ladies and asked us to come back to the church building at 3:30pm. They took us to the Cabrits National Park in the town of Portsmouth on the north side of the island. This is a view of the mountains from the main street in Portsmouth.

My hubby made arrangements with one of our pastor friends who owns one of the best pizza places on the island to provide the pizzas. God is so good and this powerful man of God's heart is so giving that he told our senior pastor that he is giving the pizzas to them for free when we went to pick them up. This is our friend Pastor James Morris talking with my hubby(middle) and our Senior Pastor(right) Pastor Aaron Dalrymple.

James again

A picture of his business sign outside the premises:

We had a fabulous time at the Cabrits. This place is one of the historic places on the island and is being preserved for tourists and generations to come. It was my favourite place to go when I lived in the Portsmouth area as a single young woman. I loved walking the trails and just pouring out my heart to God in prayer, praise and worship. This is the view from the parking lot as you enter the Cabrits:

Once inside this is the entrance to the path leading into the park:

Some of the signs along the way:


My hubby being funny at the entrance to Fort Shirley and my two men in training:

One of the brothers found a "soldier crab":

Random pictures of the ladies and men who were there:





Pastor Aaron bringing more food. Tasty wraps.





My brother in law Junior's wife Francisca:


My son Judah in red climbed as usual with an older boy. This child loves to climb. A boy for sure.

Like merchant ships bringing food from afar, my hubby, the youth pastor and my brother in law Junior:


And boy were we ready to eat!


There was also vegetable pizza which was even better tasting. So all in all it was a wonderful Mother's Day. There was a concert held in another part of the island but because I was not feeling well and my day had been full we elected not to go. From what I heard it was a blast and I almost regretted not going. Almost but not quite I believe staying home was better for my body.
As a Mother's Day gift my hubby gave me a companion book to the one he's been reading called "Romancing Your Wife". My own is called "Romancing your Husband". It's been a great read. It has many little things that you can do just like the Generous Wife tips. He also put a voucher for a pedicure/manicure and read a tribute to me and his mom during the church service in the morning. This is my hubby doing his thing.

I dressed in orange and my hubby and boys in a kind of peach colored shirt to match my dress.
The Tuesday after Mother's Day I got a call from Astaphan's a department store in town. As it turned out I was one of the ten prize winners of a hamper in their Mother's Day Draw. I got a multi-use rice cooker. This was so fabulous a gift because both of my crockpots had been left behind in storage in St. Thomas and I missed them. I've been able to cook different meals in it since then and it is just a big blessing. Thank you Lord.
At Astaphan's receiving the rice cooker:


I hope you enjoyed getting a peek at my mother's day weekend as much as I enjoyed living it. More about the following weekend in another post.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks