Click here to shop on Amazon

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Discover Dominica!

This is a sticky post. Scroll down for the more recent posts. Dominica is celebrating it's 30th year as an independent nation. Our independence day is November 3rd. The celebrations have been going on all year as this year was dubbed Reunion year. Each village/group of villages had its own celebrations in different months. Last Saturday there was a grand opening celebration of the Independence season in the newly built stadium. In honor of Dominica's 30th anniversary as an independent nation, I will be doing a series on our island featuring our people, flora, fauna and any interesting tidbits that come up. Feel free to ask any question or request anything you would like to see me feature and I will do my best to answer or feature your request. To access past posts you may have missed just click on the Dominica link on the right sidebar. I hope you enjoy learning about my island as much as I am going to enjoy sharing with you.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I enjoy seeing photos of your father-in-law's garden. I enjoy seeing what tropical fruits and veggies you have. Reminds me of the things my husband talks about enjoying when he was growing up in Jamaica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jennifer Valerie,
    It is a great pleasure to visit your nice and interesting blog for the first time.
    Best wishes from Brazil:
    Geraldo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenn,

    I'm still here. Life has been really busy (still painting) and has also had a few major (personal) upsets. Please pray.

    I did leave you a post when our pc was in the shop for 2 weeks from my hubsbands lap top, only to find out that it wouldn't post! I tried and re-tried and finally gave up. It was when you received your new lap top, the boys birthdays too I if I remember correctly. I was seeing the irony in you 'loving' your lap top and me hating my husbands lap top. :)

    All the pictures of your area are just awesome!!!

    As always, thank you so much for posting the wonderful wife tips.

    Have a blessed weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jenn!!!

    Sorry it's been awhile since I stopped in. Happy independence day!!!

    Ours is coming up on the 20th. I'm enjoying reading about Dominica and your life and family. It makes me wonder why I detested geography and history classes so much in school!!!

    I'm celebrating my 1 year anniversary, so come by and see what's up. Also, I'm starting a blog carnival to help us finish unfinished projects. It's called the "Round TUIT Round-Up" (Round TUIT= a round to it) ;^)

    Has storm season ended for you guys yet? We still officially have another month, but don't usually see much weather after November 1.

    Talk to you soon!!!
    -- Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Independence Day! It is today. Tomorrow American votes. I think there will be much to celebrate also tomorrow, or the day after.
    I was tagged and although I didn't tag anyone, I thought of you. If you would like to I will add your link my few reader (my family and three others I think) will see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have TV, so I listen to the radio through the internet. I stream WNYC with itunes, but know that others offer streaming. Keep your fingers crossed that the world can be a better place. I am full of emotions, also with the sad loss just a day before the final votes!

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks