Click here to shop on Amazon

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Coconut tablet

A sweet treat! That's what coconut tablet is. My mother in law spent almost the whole day with us on Thursday last week. While here she made this scrumptious too sweet to eat everyday treat. As promised in a previous post here are the pics and the recipe. Bear in mind that most older Caribbean cooks do not use measurements so I won't be able to give quantities but enjoy the pictures nonetheless.

The ingredients are grated coconut, water, lots of brown sugar, grated ginger and vanilla essence.

First step remove the coconut from the shell and cut into pieces.
coconut piecesRinse the pieces
rinsing coconut piecesGrate the coconut:
grating coconut
Grate the ginger into the same bowl. Put into a pot, add a little water, the brown sugar and the essence.
coconut tablet in potStir continuously to avoid burning.
stirring coconut tabletWhen done, remove by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and leave to get dry and firm.
coconut tablet on baking sheetThe final step - Enjoy! That's it. I wish I could have shared quantities so that you could try it.






6 comments:

  1. Ahh! Now I know what you were talking about! These are very similar to what we call "sugar cakes" in Barbados!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy
    So Barbadians call it "sugar cakes" - good to know. My hubby is going to Barbados on Monday what a coincidence!

    Oh yes Ck and Jes it is very yummy! I wish I could share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. obviously like your website however you need to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts.
    Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding it very troublesome to inform the truth nevertheless I'll definitely come again again.

    Visit my blog :: Ipad Tilbud

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats not tablet...

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks