Click here to shop on Amazon

Monday, December 24, 2012

Laugh Your Stress Away

Is smiling a bit difficult for you? Do you constantly work, work, work and find it hard to relax? Are your stress levels too high for comfort? Then I’ve got another stress buster for you.

One word – LAUGH!

You heard me right. I’m serious, just like you’re seriously looking for an answer to lower your stress levels. A dose of laughter can do tons to relieve your stress. As a matter of fact the good book – the Bible says in Proverbs 17:22, “A merry heart does good like a medicine…” Merry gives the picture of fun and laughter. Why challenge the wisdom of one who is perfect and knows us better than we know ourselves. He is the one who created us.


So laugh a little or a lot. If you find it hard to laugh by yourself then get a funny movie and watch it either with other people or by yourself. Studies have shown that persons who laugh a lot are less tense than those who don’t. It is said that laughter helps the body produce the fee good hormones that promote relaxation and stress relief.

I laugh a lot. I laugh at myself, our boys, my hubby, funny movies. I just love to laugh. I laugh when I'm angry, tired, stressed just to get a load off without exploding or imploding.  When I'm extremely tired, I cry and then right after I start laughing.  I tend to talk silliness and laugh at my own jokes triggering even more laughter at those times when I'm tired. When I start, my hubby teases me and says, “It’s past your bedtime huh?” When I’m done I find that I’m more relaxed and immediately feel less stressed.

I read somewhere that laughter can equal aerobic workout depending on the amount of time you spend laughing. I read that every time you laugh 100 times, it’s equates to 10-15 minutes on an exercise bicycle or a rowing machine.  Watch this and get a dose of laughter today. It's less than a minute and a half.


It’s a known fact that when you are stressed, your blood pressure rises creating even more stress for you. It seems like an unbeatable cycle. Well, beat the cycle and laugh, then laugh some more and again. Laughter gives a euphoric feeling which reduces your pressure and thus lessening your stress.

It may seem like laughter should come naturally but for some it doesn't so if you’re that kind of person, schedule it and let yourself go during those scheduled times. Watch funny clips on youtube or TV.  Amazon has tons of comedies available via Instant Video for you to watch. It costs less than $5, many less than $2 and some for nothing if you are an Amazon Prime member.

You can do it. Relieve your stress with laughter.

Ebook in the works - The Ultimate Stress Relief Guide.
Jenn
If you liked this article and want to know when I post new articles and recipes, subscribe to the Fruitful Vine Newsletter

If you have a question on vegetarian eating that you would like me to answer then fill in this short form to submit your question. I'll answer in an Ask Jenn video on Wednesdays.

Visit and like the Fruitful Vine Facebook Page for even more articles and links on healthy living.
For God's Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks