Click here to shop on Amazon

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

42 - The day before

Saturday morning we had what I call The Last Breakfast(sort of like The Last Supper). The reason I called it that was because after coming home from town I cleaned out my fridge and made a note of what needed to be used up over the next couple of days. I found a small bowl of tomato sauce and some leftover cornedbeef. So since we are to be off meat for this program this is the last we will see of cornbeef. On the side was a salad made with cabbage and watercress and sliced bananas. Here's what it looked like:
In between meals we snacked on coconut pieces, the last taste of coconut tablet(a sweet treat which my mother in law made when she was here on Thursday-I'll share the pics and recipe tomorrow God willing), bananas, juice and oranges.

For lunch today I made a giant salad with lettuce, grated cucumbers tossed with garlic puree, onion puree, celery puree and a little oil. To that I added some steamed pink beans. At first I wondered to myself whether I could steam the beans so I decided to try it. I first boiled some water and poured over the dried pink beans. Left it for a while to soften up. Then I put it in the steamer insert and let it steam. It was firmer than I'm used to but I can guarantee that the nutrients were intact. Here's what it looked like:

[insert pic of lunch here]

Supper? I could not think of anything. Smoothies were out of the question because we had no bananas and no other fruits that could be used. I asked the boys and what we came up with was oranges and popcorn. So that's what we had. It was really The Last Supper because popcorn is definitely not a steamed item.

From Sunday it's been only steamed food and raw food, no salt, no sugar, no artificial prepackaged seasonings(only herbs-there goes my favorite thing to cook with chicken bouillon cubes - sigh - oh well - it's all for the good), no honey etc. Read more of what we can and cannot eat HERE.






2 comments:

  1. MY SON WOULD DEFINITELY LOVE ME MORE IF I GAVE HIM A DINNER OF ORANGES AND POPCORN!! TWO OF HIS FAVORITES!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I know what you mean. The very next day for breakfast they made the same request but of course I said no as a good mama should.

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks