Click here to shop on Amazon

Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Romantic

Bear with me a moment while I boast in the Lord. I am a firm believer in sharing the positives of life with all around me. My hubby is a wonderful man of God. He is passionate about his relationship with God and has gone and is still going to great lengths to obey and please God.

You may be wondering what does this have to do with the title of this post 'The Romantic'. I'm coming to that. He is also a very romantic husband. As I mentioned in this post he loves to surprise me. I guess it helps that my reactions are usually of an exciting nature with screams and kisses and gratitude all rolled in one and sometimes with tears but I digress. I just wanted to share something he did back in January that was so romantic.

He bakes our bread from scratch and usually we go to Salisbury to his sister's home and use the traditional stone oven that they have whenever they are baking as well. That time however for some reason she and her husband did not bake that Saturday and we found ourselves needing bread during the week. Not a bit unusual for my hubby he decided to use our oven. While doing that he did this and brought it to me on a plate:
My name is Jennifer for those of you who don't know. He formed 'I Love J' with bread dough, baked it and brought it to me. What more can I say? He is romantic. Happy sigh....... I'm living my dream life like my profile says.

Tip: I've learned the art of showing great appreciation for anything he does(great or small). Things as mundane as taking out the trash which he does twice a week receive a pleasant thank you at minimum. If he does something to surprise me that I'm not that enthusiastic about, I show enthusiasm for the fact that he thought of doing something for me. Ladies, we have to show the appreciation or they might just go or want to go elsewhere where they receive it. It is a learned art and does not take much out of us.






2 comments:

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks