Click here to shop on Amazon

Friday, October 9, 2009

Ground Breaking News

I've been thinking about this for a while now and after my friend Evelyn of Natural Raw Living got hers I was wondering if I was procrastinating. After thinking about it I realized I was not procrastinating but just waiting for the green light in my spirit.

A few days ago while reading Mama Kat's blog she wrote that she had gotten hers as well. I started to feel like it might be time for me. I felt the familiar pounding in my chest that comes whenever I know I'm supposed to do something. Fear took a hold of me, not paralyzing fear but fear that led me to God. Sitting there looking at the screen, I buried my head in my hands and said a prayer asking God for guidance. I knew it was something that I eventually would do but just wanted it to be at the right time.

Right there while pouring my heart out and feeling all the familiar pounding in my heart I heard quietly in my spirit something to the effect of - "Isn't that playing a bigger game? Aren't you playing a bigger game?" The context of that statement came from a post I read that week called 7 Steps to Playing A Much Bigger Game by Dave Navarro(speaking of which I need to go access the next in his series). After reading that post I felt led to play a bigger game where this blog is concerned and with the free workbook that accompanied that post I had written down some possible ways I could play that bigger game. So that's the background on those words that came to my mind.

Immediately as I heard those words I knew what I had to do. I clicked on the link that Mama Kat had in her post and read it through all the while still waiting to see if what I heard had indeed been my green light from God. When I received no negative check in my spirit but continued to feel assurance, I did it.



By now you may be wondering what under God's blue sky is she talking about. Well after this long discourse let me tell you - Fruitful Vine's web address has been changed from http://jennifervalerie.blogspot.com to http://jennifervalerie.com. I have my own domain! I have my own domain! I have my own domain! (Anyone doing the happy dance with me yet?) Much shorter I tell ya and easier to tell someone. In the past I've had to spell the b-l-o-g-s-p-o-t out so that people could get it right. It only cost me $10 for a year so we're looking at less than a dollar a month. I did it through blogger using my dashboard. It really is very simple. I'm not going to give details here because Mama Kat wrote an excellent post on it and linked to another post with more information, so get it from her by clicking here or the words excellent post above.

Now for some housekeeping. Those of you who are subscribed to this blog using http://jennifervalerie.blogspot.com will have to resubscribe so that you can continue to receive my posts in your inbox. Those who are accessing this via a bookmark will be redirected automatically to the new address but you should still go ahead and update your bookmarks anyway. I don't think that those reading via Google Reader have anything to do but if you see that you're not getting any new posts from me then I guess that means you have to update to http://jennifervalerie.com as well. It seems that the blogrolls in my left sidebar have disappeared but that is the only thing I've noticed that's missing.



Continuing on the blog changes note, you may have noticed if you've visited my blog today that there are some changes to the background color and the header among other things. I've moved the scrolling blogroll in pictures from the left sidebar to a position further down on the right sidebar because it was taking quite a bit of time to load. I've added a blogroll also down on the right sidebar to give some link love and display the links of my followers who have blogs. There's more to come but that's all for now.

Now I must give credit where credit is due. Wonderful and fabulous Erica Mueller of Ericasays.com is the one who redesigned and resized my header and I must say she did an outstanding job. I love that it does not take up as much space as before and still has the basic design which I wanted. She also assisted me with repositioning some of the page elements for optimization. She is very knowledgeable about technology related stuff. You can find lots of help, tutorials and more to assist you in your blogging on her site. There are sections on blogging, technology, working from home, social networking and more. A fabulous resource for sure.

I'm still tweaking things a bit and I would appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Yell at me in the comments or by email. Let me know your honest opinion of the changes I've made and suggest a few more. Do you want the old background color back? Do you think the new color is too bright, too dull, wonderful? Tell me. I'm a big girl. I can take it. It's good to know that I can rely on you my blog friends to help.



6 comments:

  1. Girl, it's looking great! I like the background color myself, but if you'd like to go a little lighter, that could work too! Just let me know and I'll get you the number for a lighter shade.

    Now, the only other thing I see... the text is just way too close to the borders... I wonder, is there an area to specify padding or spacing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Template looks good and it even loads faster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new domain! I really enjoyed looking around your blog! Motherhood, my movie about a mom blogger, is coming out soon. I’d love for you to check out my blog! Hope to see you there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erica,
    Thank you. I'll have to look into how to change padding or spacing. This is definitely a learning curve.

    Hi Evelyn,
    Thanks for your feedback.

    Hi MotherhoodFilm,
    Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I will definitely stop by your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I've been debating it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yaya,
    Thank you. Do it in your own right timing.

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks