Click here to shop on Amazon

Monday, October 5, 2009

Tips for Wives - A Generous Heart

Lori's words today could easily be mine. Let's be practical today and less grumpy when our hubby asks for help.


My(Lori) husband was working through some preparations for a conference that we will run shortly. Every so often he would ask a question or ask for a helping hand. Honestly, I was getting a bit peeved that he kept interrupting me at the computer. Then I made a quick reassessment of the situation. I wasn't doing anything that was absolutely necessary at the moment. I could reasonably take a bit of time and be a help. We really needed to get everything ready and what he was doing was time sensitive. So, I stopped being grumpy, helped out a bit and now I'm back to the computer with little out of my day. He's happier and I've helped move things along.

I think sometimes, being generous has a very practical element to it. It's about meeting your husband where he is, blessing him with what he needs and wants. I did have the time to help (if I had been into something important that I really couldn't break from, he would have understood), my husband liked the company and it helped the work move along.

What does your husband need or want?

Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small onies surround us every day. Sally Kock

Be generous! Lori <><
Copyright © 2001-2009 Lori J. Byerly
All Rights Reserved
http://www.the-generous-wife.com



2 comments:

  1. Wife is my name, customer service is my game. Honey, how can I help you? I really, really, say this to my hubby more than a few times a day.

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks