Click here to shop on Amazon

Thursday, October 21, 2010

What Is That?

That's the question my 7yr old asked when I served lunch on Tuesday afternoon. He first asked my husband at which my husband replied by telling him to ask his mother. When I got there he repeated his question to me pointing to the platter my husband had in his hand and asked "Mammy, what is that?". I laughed so hard I had to sit down.

photo credit: sodahead.com

Wondering what I was laughing at? Well, the thing is I don't like to peel green bananas so I hardly cook it at our home. My hubby and I were talking over the weekend and I decided to try steaming them with the skins on to see if it would still generate the sticky stuff. I tried it and there was no sticky stuff. Woohoo! Well, since my boys don't usually see cooked green bananas at the table the 7yr old didn't recognize the strange food on the platter.

What have I done to my child. Yes, he is American born in New Orleans but we live here in Dominica and have been living here for the past three years. Dominica exports green bananas, their grandparents farm green bananas and yet still he has to ask Mammy what is that when he encounters it cooked. Terrible isn't it?

There really is no point to this post, just wanted to share a funny moment from our household with you. Oh and I have a funny video my husband shared with me that you just have to see. I'll post it next week God willing maybe Monday.

 
For articles on healthy living, raw foods, vegetarian and raw food recipes and more subscribe to the Fruitful Vine Newsletter  

Visit and like the Fruitful Vine Facebook Page for even more articles and links on healthy living.

2 comments:

  1. That is cute :) Your boys are so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of cooking a green banana in the skin! We've always just waited for them to turn yellow.

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks