Click here to shop on Amazon

Friday, August 24, 2012

Sorrel Muffiins

When sorrel is in season we make lots of sorrel drink and there are the leaves left over. I am one who likes to make use of as much of a vegetable or fruit as possible.  So I wondered what to do with the sorrel leaves.  Then it hit me I could puree them and make some recipes with them. Here is one of the recipes I came up with. I did it back in January and in the Celebrating Today post I promised that I would share the recipe.  Here it is:

Sorrel Muffins

Sorrel Muffins


2 cups pureed sorrel
1 cup water
3 cups wholewheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Method
Mix dry ingredients together well.  Add the sorrel and water. Mix well.  Here is a picture of what the batter looks like:

 Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Enjoy!



Visit and like the Fruitful Vine Facebook Page for even more articles and links on healthy 
living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks