Click here to shop on Amazon

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Ground Provision Spaghetti Recipe

This one was my husband's idea and his project so that's his hand in the picture(if you ever wondered what my hubby's hand looked like) ROFL - I crack myself up.  Anyway let's get back to the recipe at hand. It went down pretty well. It requires a meat grinder or some other type of grinder like machine like the one in the picture. I don't know all the correct terms for it so feel free to educate me in the comments. Thanks in advance. And please excuse the dark nature of the picture. It was taken with a blackberry with no flash in the days when I was waiting for the Lord to provide a camera. Love y'all.

Ground Provision Spaghetti

Ground Provision Spaghetti


1 medium sized dasheen
2 tanias
4 green bananas
1 medium sized white yam or yellow yam
2 sweet potatoes

Method
Place a pot of water on the stove with sea salt to boil.  Peel the provisions, rinse them, cut them into chunks and place in the pot of water.  Cover and let cook. When the provisions are done drain the water(you may reserve the water to be used in a soup or broth for another meal, if you want to. I do that sometimes). Cut them into smaller pieces if necessary and run through the grinder, alternating the provision you put in so that you have a good mix in your spaghetti. Serve with your favorite gravy and enjoy!

P.S. Feel free to change the combination of provisions to your liking. I imagine cassava would be a good addition and eddoes as well.


From my kitchen to yours. Bon appetit!
Jenn
If you have a question on vegetarian eating that you would like me to answer then fill in this short form to submit your question. I'll answer in an Ask Jenn video on Wednesdays.

Visit and like the Fruitful Vine Facebook Page for even more articles and links on healthy living.
For God's Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks