Click here to shop on Amazon

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tips for Wives - Receiving Gifts

So true.


...Cut your husband and family some slack. Receive gifts with graciousness (however poorly chosen or wrapped they are). Be understanding of failings and general cluelessness. Husband and kiddos are human and, as such, aren't going to be able to "do perfect" well. Just give lots of hugs and kisses and know that it's good to be appreciated.

You learn about gratitude by giving. You learn about humility by receiving, and in the pecking order of human qualities, I'd probably put humility somewhere before gratitude. Jean Harris


Think generous! Lori <><


Copyright © 2001-2009 Lori J. Byerly
All Rights Reserved
http://www.the-generous-wife.com





3 comments:

  1. That's so true. My poor hubby has no clue when it comes to buying gifts. I always try to act happy anyway.
    I have some pictures of the flooding in our area on my blog if you'd like to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love love love this post. I think I have seen my quote of the day too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam,
    Way to go! You are a generous wife indeed for trying to act happy. It is said it's the thought that counts. I'll be stopping by to check on those flood pictures.

    TRochelle,
    Great!

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks