Click here to shop on Amazon

Friday, December 14, 2012

Neutralize Stomach Acid with Pumpkin and Other Health Benefits of Pumpkin

Pumpkin is a delicious vegetable and wonderful for so many things. I personally love pumpkin! The color, the taste, it all lends to an exquisite dining experience. Pumpkin is so good that I sometimes use it to flavor my gravies(a tip I learned from my mother in law).



Pumpkin comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. Long, round, small, large. My father in law plants pumpkin on the land he farms and he has had some huge pumpkins that surprised me. I never knew pumpkins could get that big. Of course, since then I've seen pictures of humongous pumpkins online but at the time it was super huge to me and still is by normal standards.

Now here is a list of the health benefits
  1. Low in fat
  2. Low in sodium
  3. Rich in beta-carotene
  4. Rich in potassium
  5. Rich in calcium
  6. Significant soluble fiber
  7. Has hypotensive properties
  8. Has diuretic properties
  9. Has laxative properties aiding in constipation
  10. Had anticarcinogenic properties
  11. May assist with coronary heart disease
  12. Capable of neutralizing excess stomach acid
  13. Has an emollient and protective effect on the stomach lining
  14. Aids in dyspepsia(indigestion)
  15. Helpful in cases of pyrosis(heartburn)
  16. Good for cases of gastroduodenal ulcer

Here are some pumpkin recipes for you experience the benefits a bit more often.

Pumpkin and Spinach in Coconut Milk Carrot Pumpkin and Christophene Slaw Bok Choy(Chinese Cabbage) and Pumpkin Saute


Jenn
If you have a question on vegetarian eating that you would like me to answer then fill in this short form to submit your question. I'll answer in an Ask Jenn video on Wednesdays.

Visit and like the Fruitful Vine Facebook Page for even more articles and links on healthy living.
For God's Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks