Click here to shop on Amazon

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back to Basics

This week is designated Back to Basics week here in my home. Child training, my disciplines, everything is going back to basics. I have been seeing and feeling a lot of loose ends lately and I don't think I like what the results of a prolonged time of this might be. I am revamping my Home Management Control Journal. My hubby and I spoke to the boys and explained what is going to be expected. I have been feeling convicted by the Lord in different areas and I intend to not ignore His promptings. He is doing a great work through us and I don't intend to hinder it by drifting away from the basics that keep the order flowing. On Sunday during the service He showed me what an overflow of his love, grace and anointing would look like in my home. I love that picture and I aim to do everything in my power and His to accomplish that vision. Stay true to the course dear sisters. He has a great reward for those who listen to Him and do exactly what He requires of them. It may be similar to others or completely different. Don't try to be like someone else unless that is the way God is leading you and this person is the example of where He is leading you. Jesus should always call the shots. I am fine tuning my spiritual ears so that I can hear from Him better. That means I am spending more time praying in my spiritual prayer language than before as I go through my day. It means that I am establishing a habit of meditating on His word more. Jesus is all the world to me and as much as lies within me I don't want to disappoint Him. Just thought I'd share a few thoughts that are running through my head. Have a blessed day.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Jenn, my heart echoes your thoughts and cries, Amen! Thanks for the inspiration.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about this, Jenn. I definitely need to listen to prompting by the Holy Spirit. Sometimes I am to tempted to ignore it and do things my way. Of course, it always makes a big mess that way. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting, and for your pearls of wisdom in this post.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Follow the heart... Listening and prayer are great strengths. I enjoyed the pictures and was happy to see all the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, i've been feeling the same way. great post.

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks