Click here to shop on Amazon

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Prayer for marriages


Get More Caribbean Graphics @ www.CaribbeanCodes.com

www.CaribbeanCodes.com



I receive a forwarded devotional from a friend and sister in St. Thomas and today's prayer spoke to me in such a way that I had to post it and ask you all to pray with me. Here it is:

Dear God,

I come before you today asking for your protection and cover of grace
upon marriages. I pray for every couple who is happy, those who are struggling,and those who may be on the verge of break-up--whatever the case. You instituted marriage and it is not your will for the union to be broken.

I pray that eyes will be opened and spouses will be alert to the schemes and temptations Satan throws their way. It may be an 'innocent' flirt; a shoulder to cry on for another man or women; perhaps financial troubles or materialism; disagreements over the household or child rearing or even simple things; lack of respect or selfishness; failure to have priorities straight and keep focus on Jesus as the center of the marriage and each other above others.

So many things can pull and chip away at a healthy relationship. May each heart be tender to the prompting of the Holy Spirit and each mind set on the ways of Christ and each soul safe in the surety of your love...so that when temptations come, they will be rejected as we draw near to you.

Thank you, Father. In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.

Thank you for praying with me.
Jenn

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED THIS POST. WE HAVE SO MANY CLOSE FRIENDS, AND IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS, INFIDELITY HAS CREPT INTO SEVEN MARRIAGES OF THOSE PEOPLE WE LOVE. IT'S HEARTBREAKING TO WATCH IT HAPPEN, AND WE'VE BEEN PRAYING FOR THESE PEOPLE SO MUCH. THANKS FOR POSTING THIS. I HOPE PEOPLE WILL REALLY START LOVING THEIR SPOUSES AS WE'RE SUPPOSED TO; WITH THEIR SPOUSES BEST INTERESTS BEFORE THEIR OWN.

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks