Click here to shop on Amazon

Saturday, February 28, 2009

42

March 1 begins the 42 program for hubby and myself. In several previous posts I mentioned that we were doing a 40day program that involved fasting from the '7 deadly sins'. This program called 42 is the same 40day program done with a partner, extended for two more days and involves physical fasting as well. The full extent of the program can be accessed by visiting www.40day.com/42.html.

I am interested in seeing how all this turns out. I imagine we will be completely different people at the end of this fast. Please pray for us as we embark on such a life-changing program. I will from time to time post about our journey and prayer points as we progress. I am intrigued, excited, unsure and a whole range of emotions.

Since I am the type of person that works better with a plan even though I may not always go with it, I have been spending a lot of time researching menus, recipes and the like. Since we've known for a while now that we were going to do this, I've been changing our eating habits slowly so that it won't be a shock to our system.

Yesterday I went to town to shop for the week's meals. I'm still not used to the quantities because before this vegetables were more like a huge side dish rather than what it is becoming(the main part of the meal). I love the sights of the vendors trays and thought I will share with you all on Monday some of what it looks like at our market and along the roadside in town on Fridays and Saturdays.

42 days - that's a long time but short in the span of life. It remains to be seen what God can do with a man fully surrendered to Him.(I don't remember the original person who said this but it sure fits our situtation). We are doing this at the Lord's direction and we intend to follow Him wherever He leads. Pray for us my friends. Thank you in advance.







3 comments:

  1. Hey there, thanks for the tips of where to find layouts!!! That was MUCH easier and it actually worked!!! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you luck with this and look forward to reading how it's coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome Christina!

    Mrs. Jelly Belly
    Thank you very much. Stay tuned, I'm also looking forward to see how it's going to progress.

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks