Click here to shop on Amazon

Friday, May 15, 2009

Along my exercise route

The FlyLady habit for the month of May is moving. This fits right into the habit that I have been working on since we returned from St. Thomas. I've been walking for about 15 minutes everyday. When I walk I feel so alive and rejuvenated. When I don't well...

Here are some pics from one of my exercise routes. Enjoy.

Gorgeous skies:



This is a bead that children would use to make their own shackshack(rattle) when I was growing up:

Fragrant lemongrass grows along the side of the road. Of course I picked some to make some fresh tea this morning:
Overlooking the village of St. Joseph:
A couple of goats. I love the mixed color of the first one:

Tiny wildflowers:



Two different types of young coconuts. One with a green outer shell and the other yellow:



Buttercup:
This is a very tiny(no bigger than a dime) sweet and sour fruit. It's juice is really sticky. We call it sweet lime. I remember us using it as glue when I was growing up. I don't remember anyone actually eating it but we did taste it to find out what it was like. We would pick them and do our crafts projects with the juice.

So that was a glimpse into a few of the things along one of my exercise routes. I hope you enjoyed the pics. Dominica is truly a beautiful country with so much variety in plants, fruits and scenery. Have a great weekend everyone!









3 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I'd like to take that same walk one day! It looks so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemongrass tea is so good! What a beautiful walk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nubian Queen
    Thanks for the compliment. You are welcome to Dominica anytime to take that walk.

    Hi Ann
    I love lemongrass tea. It smells and tastes so good.

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks