Click here to shop on Amazon

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Election Fever!

It's hot now in Dominica.  Dominica is alive with election fever(not a literal fever).  The current leading party declared elections for December 18 after an ultimatum from an opposing party.  All parties are holding campaign rallies.

United Workers Party Rally in St. Joseph on Sunday November 29, 2009

photo found on www.dominicanewsonline.com

The current leadership is the Labour Party and there are two other active parties - The United Workers Party and The Freedom Party.  I've heard of another party called the People's Democratic Movement but I don't have much information about them.  Each party has their own symbol and color to represent them.  The Labour Party symbol is the shoe and their color is red.  The United Workers Party symbol is the saw and their color is blue.  The  Freedom Party symbol is the hand and their color is green.


My hubby has lived out of Dominica from before he attained the age to vote so this will be his first time engaging in the process.  I've voted before but I've had to change my voting district since I now live in St. Joseph.  We've been listening with much interest to the many news accounts and various party rallies held which are carried live.  It is sometimes difficult to listen to both sides because frequently they hold their meetings on the same night and one radio station would carry one meeting live and another radio station would carry the other meeting live but we are doing the best we can to gather and assimilate and ponder on the information we receive.  We are definitely in prayer about it and we want to make sure we are led by the Lord when we place our X next to any candidate's name.

The Prime Minister and leader of the Dominica Labour Pary - Hon. Roosevelt Skerrit

photo found on www.thedominican.net

The leader of the United Workers Pary - Ron Green

photo found on www.dominicanewsonline.com


The leader of the Dominica Freedom Party - Judith Pestaina

photo found on www.thedominican.net

Come Friday December 18 I will be following with much interest the counting of the ballots in each constituency.  I'm not sure I'll get much sleep that night so I'm going to make sure I rest up and eat more energy giving foods over the next couple of weeks so I'll be alert.  It's going to be an interesting time for sure. I'm excited! It's hot! It's fever - Election fever!










4 comments:

  1. Wow, I really love what you’re doing at your blog. Keep up the great work!
    A favorite website and children’s author that I’d like to share http://DannyTheDragon.com the book is a nomine for Best Children’s Picture Book of 2009! I think you may like to visit the author as well http://TinaTurbin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it will be interesting! Can't wait to see what the results are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jenn!
    If you're feeling brave, here's my fix for your margin: get into the HTML and scroll down till you see #content wrapper{ Just below there, you should see
    @media all {
    div#main {
    float: left;
    width:51%;
    margin:0 1%
    padding-top:30px 1em 10px 1em;
    border-left:dotted 1px $bordercolor;
    PADDING:0px;
    border-right:dotted 1px $bordercolor;

    Change the value of PADDING: to whatever you want for your margin. 10px works well. Be sure to click "Preview" to check it out before you "save template". Like I said, everyone will tell you to save a copy of your template before you start tweaking it, but I tend to live dangerously. I save for other people, but never do for myself. Someday, I'll probably lose my whole blog. lol Let me know if that doesn't work or if I can help you with something else. Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unquestionably believe that that you said.
    Your favourite reason appeared to be on the net the simplest thing to be mindful of.

    I say to you, I certainly get irked whilst folks think about concerns
    that they just do not recognise about. You controlled
    to hit the nail upon the top as neatly as outlined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , other people can take a signal.
    Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

    my page weight loss plan for women

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks