Click here to shop on Amazon

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

God is Good!

God is good, so good to all of us. Give Him praise today for things big and small. I reflected this morning on the fact that we had no hurricanes this season and I thought to myself "Wow! That is excellent! God is so good!".

I have felt my heart being drawn lately to crafty type stuff in my homemaking. My hubby's sister gave me some thread and a crochet needle while we were in Guadeloupe. I had just mentioned to hubby that I felt like I wanted to start back crocheting. That was a blessing. Well I took up the needle and started doing what I remembered from way back when and I ended up making a hair band. Now at the suggestion of my youngest Jeremiah I'm making a little purse to hold my grocery money(the notes, I already have a coin purse which my wonderful hubby gave me).
The hairband

Picture taken on balcony edge


Picture taken on washer

I've also been wanted to make some pillows for the boys to thrown around and trample on. They've been using the pillows from their beds and I don't like it one bit. So I took all the old clothes that were stained, torn and unuseable from the sorting we did for our clothing giveaway at church last Saturday(which went well by the way. We had 14 boxes to start with and we had only 4 boxes left when we packed up what the community did not take). I'm going to wash those old clothes, cut them up and use them to make pillows and throws and stuff like that. I'm also going to use the clothes themselves as stuffing for the pillows. I'm excited about that. I've been known to start projects and not finish them. I hope this is not going to be one of the unfinished ones.

I might post pictures as I make them. Just wanted to give you a quick peek into what I've been up to lately. I've also been decluttering and simplifying as well. I'm starting to feel like my home is coming together. I like the minimalist look and I'm striving for less stuff. I want to make my home cozy but uncluttered. I'm also praying through the issue of having our own home. We have stuff still in boxes here and in storage in St. Thomas and I would really like to have our stuff in one settled place. It doesn't matter if the Lord moves us to another country to minister I would just like to know we have a place of our own. I was telling my hubby the other day that it doesn't really matter what country he gives us the home in(although in my mind Dominica is a perfect place to live with all the natural beauty and variety of fruits, vegetables etc, clean air and slower pace of life). I just want our own space. Note I said 'want' because it is not a need. Need is shelter which we have and the Lord has provided money for rent for the past two years we've been here. So it's not quite a need but a want. I also want more children but the Lord has not given us anymore yet. We're not and have never been on any form of contraceptive (natural or otherwise) and it's been 6yrs(Jeremiah turned 6 in September). I am honestly attempting to be content as the apostle Paul exhorts in the Bible but sometimes these two main desires crop up. At those times I commit my desires to the Lord and ask Him to have His way but it can be difficult to stem the tears.

Anyway I think this post has gone on long enough. Please just pray for me. Thanks. I started this as a short two sentence quick post but it somehow turned into a baring of my heart. Don't know why but just felt to share. Maybe through this you will have a better glimpse of who I am and maybe if you're going through something similar you can be encouraged that you are not the only one going through 'wanting'.

This is one of my favorite verses:
Don't worry aabout anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs(there goes the needs word again:)) and don't forget to thank Him for the answers. If you do this you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6(The Living Bible)

Care to offer any words of encouragement?









5 comments:

  1. The headband looks great. Those are some words of encouragement I needed to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I'm sorry for not responding to your e-mail sooner. Yes, I'd really like to run that situation by you and get your opinion. I'll send you a separate e-mail. I was MIA last week, but am back and am trying to get caught up as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer! I'm so glad to hear of your trip's blessings. I am with you about "simpifying" things. I feel the same way! Hope you are having a blessed week!
    Wylie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hairband looks great. I've never managed to get the hang of crochet. Good luck with the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You did a great job on the headband. I would love to have a few like that. I enjoyed the scripture...I needed to read that and be reminded that I need to pray and not worry.

    Words of encouragement. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added unto you. Matt. 6:33

    Have an awesome day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks