Health Benefits of Tomato
- Helps improve the texture and color of skin, cleanses and revitalizes the skin
- Purifies the blood
- Helps in cases of liver congestion and protects the liver from cirrhosis
- Natural antiseptic that can help protect against infection
- Helps to prevent hemorrhages.
- Contains lycopene (the red pigment in tomato) which is a powerful antioxidant that can also fight cancer cells
- Reduces cholesterol
- Keeps the gut healthy
- Reduces the risk of developing hypertension(high blood pressure)
- Reduces the oxidative stress in type 2 diabetes.
- Aids in maintaining healthy teeth and hair.
- Prevents urinary tract infections
- Prevents gallstones
- Regular consumption of tomato can also dissolve gallstones
- Aids bone health
- Heart-protective, good for coronary heart health
- Prevents/Heals Certain Types of Cancer
- Prevents diarrhea
- Soothes eye irritation
- Heals sunburn
- Heals wounds and sores
- Prevents constipation
- Prevents jaundice
- Removes toxins from the body
- Daily consumption of tomato protects the skin against UV-induced erythema
- Tomato ranks high in preparation of anti-aging products
- Reduces the incidence of bladder cancer
- Those who eat raw tomatoes have been found to be at a much lesser risk of developing rectal, colon or stomach cancer
- Tomatoes block the effects of nitrosamines and thus, reduce the risk of lung cancer
- Pregnant women, suffering from morning sickness, will benefit from tomato consumption
Well, the good news is that now he can eat it without any of the buttons showing up on his skin like they used to. Hallelujah! I still don't give him great amounts but unlike before he can partake of it. God is good.
http://hubpages.com , http://www.organicfacts.net/, http://health.learninginfo.org, http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/, http://www.holisticonline.com/
For more articles on healthy living, raw foods, vegetarian and raw food recipes and more subscribe to the Fruitful Vine Newsletter.
Visit and like the Fruitful Vine Facebook Page for even more articles and links on healthy living.