As we go through life we go through different situations and with many of those situations we turn to someone who can give us advice and help us through whatever it may be. Marriage is no exception. We should seek to get good advice when we face situations that are just too much for us to handle on our own.
What are the times that we need to seek marriage counseling?
- When there is a consistent lack of communication.
- When there is constant fighting instead of talking.
- When there seems to be an irreconcilable difference in child-rearing practices that put a strain on the marriage.
- When relationships with in-laws are causing constant friction.
- When one or both seem to have anger management problems.
- When sex addictions are present.
- When depression or mental health problems persist.
There are many more instances where couples should seek out marriage counseling. The bottom line is if a situation seems to be too much for the two of you to handle then maybe you should seek counseling. It is a tool to help build a stronger marriage not an admission of failure on anyone's part.
If you live in or around Denver Premarital Counseling is available for those who need a head start as they consider stepping into the bliss of marriage. It is important that you start off on a good foundation. If you're in that area and need help then maybe they might be right for you. You can only get help if you step out and seek it. The worst thing to do is to do nothing.
To your marital success,
Visit and like the Help Meet Ministries Facebook Page for even more articles and links on marriage.
Image: Simon Howden / FreeDigitalPhotos.net