Click here to shop on Amazon

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Wholewheat Pita Bread Recipe

I do this recipe often. It is one of my go-to bread recipes for breakfast and supper.  I prefer baking in the mornings because those are my high energy times. When I bake I usually do more than one batch so we can have for supper and quite possibly the next day. When I'm tired and rationing my energy I only do one batch.  Here it is stuffed with Bok Choy(Chinese Cabbage) and Tomato Saute.

Wholewheat Pita Bread stuffed with Bok Choy(Chinese Cabbage) and Tomato Saute

Wholewheat Pita Bread

4 cups wholewheat flour
1 tbsp dry yeast
1 1/4 cups warm water
1 tsp salt

Method
Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix 2 cups of flour, salt and yeast.  Add water and mix well.  Gradually add in remaining flour until dough begins to clean the sides of the bowl. Knead for about 4-5 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.  Be careful not to over knead. Form dough into about 10 balls.  On a floured surface roll each ball into a circle about 1/4 inch thick.  Dust with flour on both sides to prevent it from sticking.  Place on a non-stick baking sheet and allow to rise for about 30 minutes or until slightly raised.  Just before you put it into the oven, flip each pita over.  Bake on bottom rack for 5-7 minutes(the instant heat will help them puff up). Serve and enjoy!

From my kitchen to yours,
Jenn
If you have a question on vegetarian eating that you would like me to answer then fill in this short form to submit your question. I'll answer in an Ask Jenn video on Wednesdays.

Visit and like the Fruitful Vine Facebook Page for even more articles and links on healthy living.
For God's Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks