Click here to shop on Amazon

Friday, February 27, 2009

Generous wife tip

Today's tip is an interesting one. I remember my hubby saying to me that he is going to study me like a book. There is also a love song we like and one of the lines speak along the very same lines. It's a lifelong journey to discovering and knowing our spouses. That's why marriage is for life.



Here's Lori with today's tip:
Yesterday I mentioned a lovely gift basket that someone had given us. In the basket was a card game. Basically it was just a bunch of cards each with a question to answer and instructions on a variety of ways to use the cards.
On a lark I pulled it out and started pestering Paul with questions. He insisted that I answer them too (imagine that), so we went through several of them, each taking a turn and we even tried a few times to guess what the other would answer. Lots of giggling (ok, that was me, men don't giggle, or at least mine doesn't) and interesting sharing later, I have to admit it was a pretty good game.
After a number of years of marriage you get to where you think you know everything about your spouse. Not true. People continue to grow and change. So the next time you go to a movie, ask your husband what his favorite line or scene was. When you hear a song that you like, use that to remind yourself to ask your husband what his favorite song is. Use real life to give you questions so that you have opportunity to share with each other and remain "updated" on your spouse. (Sorry the card game company does not have a working website yet - Heart to Heart: The Conversation Cards by Easter Unlimited Inc.)

Questions show the mind's range, and answers, its subtlety. Joseph Joubert

Think generous! Lori <><

Copyright © 2001-2009 Lori J. Byerly
All Rights Reserved
http://www.the-generous-wife.com



12 comments:

  1. Amen to "marriage is for life". It really does take going through marriage day in and day out to get to know your spouse. it doesn't happen over nite. the more you go through things the strong your relationship grows and the more you become connected. i am so much more connected with my spouse now than when we first got married.

    That card game sounds like loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. I also feel more connected now than when we first got married. It is amazing but I never thought I could love him more but I do and it keeps getting better. Say Alleluia!

    The card game that Lori mentioned does sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.
    I enjoyed your post.
    I'm just stopping by via SITS.
    TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.... I always enjoy company, next time I will make tea;-}
    I can see you are one busy gal...
    Take care
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT POST!! MARRIAGE IS AMAZING, ISN'T IT?!?! HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I have been with my husband for 20 years and I love him more now than ever. I think when you get past that time when you think every disagreement will end up in divorce, you can relax and enjoy each other more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Harriet
    Welcome to my part of the blogosphere. I'm glad you enjoyed the post.

    Maggie
    Tea sounds wonderful. My heritage is British and I love tea. It's also healthier.

    Hey Jesnicole
    Marriage is definitely amazing! Enjoy your weekend too.

    Funny in my mind
    Wow! 20yrs is a long time. I've been married for 7 1/2 yrs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have some cards like that...i have no idea who they are made by, but I totally agree!!!! After 8 years of marriage they are fun because you learn all sorts of things you never thought to ask! Love the tip!!!!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Carina. It is so good to have other resources to tap into in our journey to learn and get closer to our mates. It's great that you have cards like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really glad you stopped by my blog. I really enjoyed reading yours! Please feel free to come hang out anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have enjoyed reading your blog today. This is my first visit here. I found you from SITS roll call. Lovely job I will be visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Julie
    I found your blog a good read as well. Thanks for stopping by.

    Kristin
    Welcome! Thanks for the compliment. I popped over to your blog and totally enjoyed your post about the roots. Thanks for coming over here. Isn't SITS great! I get to meet some lovely people.

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks