Click here to shop on Amazon

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Generous wife tip

I was reading yesterday in the Book of the Month on Help Meet Ministries about the things we say to our husbands and how it affects them unknowingly to us. Great advice from Lori today.

Here's Lori:
The other day in class, a girl told my son that he had beautiful eyes. It became something to tease him about in his circle of friends and, although there was a small amount of embarrassment about it (his friends tease hard), you have to know that it really blessed my son. ;)
That lead me to considering teasing and how that plays out in our marriages. I'm thinking that "positive" teasing is much preferable to "negative" teasing. So lets tease our husbands about things like how beautiful their eyes are or how well they kiss and not about how loud they snore or how their driving scares us. If there is something that really bothers you, handle it privately in a kind and respectful way. Save the teasing for those times when you want to bless him and call attention to the things that you love about him.

Before you make fun of someone, think about how you'd feel in their place. You shouldn't laugh, tease, or make fun of anyone.
Chris Poulos



Think generous! Lori
Copyright © 2001-2009 Lori J. Byerly
All Rights Reserved
http://www.the-generous-wife.com



4 comments:

  1. What a great reminder to think before we speak! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good point. Teasing hurts when there's an element of truth in it (or could be). I'd much rather make someone blush in happiness than cringe in pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If more people would put themself in the the place of other, I think less feelings would be hurt. Playful, kind hearted funny gests can lighten a mood, but making fun of someone so hurtful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blueviolet
    That's why I love these tips. They remind us from time to time so that we keep or get ourselves on track.

    Momstheword
    Oh yes for sure. Making someone blush is a much better alternative. I love when I see the pleasure spread over someone's face when I say something nice to them especially my hubby

    Q
    Many times people don't think of putting themselves in the other person's shoes, they just want to appear to be funny not realizing that the price that is paid is not worth it.

    Great comments everyone. I love to interact this way.

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks