Click here to shop on Amazon

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Sunday

Sunday was a wonderful day. One of my other brothers in law, Junior was scheduled to preach at the La Plaine Baptist Church. for a while now I have been wanting to go support him when he is up to preach there. This past Sunday was my opportunity. It was a beautiful service. The only instruments were timbrels(tambourines), hands and voices. It was a joyful time in the presence of God. There were several testimonies during the service. The pastor called my hubby up to pray. Every time we go somewhere I am reminded of the fact that we were sent to Dominica by God for His purpose. My hubby's prayer was a powerful one that I believe came straight from the heart of God. He released a deposit of the Holy Spirit in their midst that will reap blessings in years to come. He spoke a rising up of the believers to know and operate in their spiritual gifts for God's glory and the salvation of souls. He broke curses and spoke life. It was awesome. Afterward he commented that he didn't even know he was going to pray like that. I tell you, when you give yourself over completely to the Lord's control He uses you to accomplish His purposes and it just leaves you amazed. As if that was not enough the pastor called him to greet the folks and share a word. He spoke briefly using 2 Corinthians 10:3-6. He explained to them that we as believers can only take revenge on disobedience when our obedience to God is fulfilled. We cannot expect deliverance when we are living in disobedience. He also said that it is only when we submit to God will the devil flee from us as we resist him according to James 4:7. Just a short encouragement but it spoke volumes.
My hubby greeting the folks:

My brother in law Junior as he began his message:


My hubby's cousin Jessica came with us:

Please pray that she would give her heart to the Lord.

We left the service early because my hubby wanted to go help with the finishing touches of the afternoon's family joint birthday celebration. It was a celebration of my brother in law Ivon's birthday which was March 22, my hubby's granny's 82nd birthday which was March 28, hubby's cousin Jessica's birthday which was April 3, and hubby's sister Donna which is April 9. All of them within one week of the next person. It was a great party. Lots of food and lots of laughter. There were touching moments as granny called everyone and gave them her blessing. It reminded me of when my grandpa(he was a pastor) was sick and knew it was time for him to go and he called everyone to him and spoke to them. My hubby's granny is not dying or anything like that but the way she called everyone present and gave her blessing was awesome. We are still praying for her salvation. Please help us pray. Here are some of those moments:
My hubby and his sister Donna singing to granny. They sound so good together, everyone who heard them sing was reminded of former days when they were young and single and sang together in church.

Granny was very emotional throughout. This is her kissing the bouquet of flowers she received from all her children including those in England.

A partial view of the food.

Cricket fans - hubby, his brother Ivon and granny's adopted son Ivan watching cricket on the television.

Donna's hubby Clevin and cousin Denny sitting on the porch enjoying some of my hubby's pumpkin drink and Jeremiah and Donna's son Adonijah playing next to them:

Food prep - my hubby and his mom:

The whole family that was present. The kids are sitting on the floor at Granny's feet.

There were so many more pictures but I'll stop now. All in all it was a wonderful Sunday from morning to evening. Thank you Lord from whom all blessings flow.
That's it folks.
Jenn




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. It was lovely seeing the beautiful pictures. I am glad everyone had fun for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog. The pictures of your family (especially Granny kissing the flowers) bring tears to my eyes. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks