Click here to shop on Amazon

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Generous wife tip

This tip from Lori reminds me of when we were newly married. We were living in New Orleans then. We were on our way to church and my hubby wanted to kiss me. Well, Ms Jennifer did not want her lipstick messed up so all he got was a little peck on the lips. After a few times of this I received an ultimatum, either I don't wear lipstick or I kiss him properly. At that point I realized that I was putting silly lipstick above my hubby's desires and relaxed. Now it's no big deal. Our hair, makeup etc can be fixed much easier than a broken husband. Do the right thing ladies.

Do you play with your husband? I'm talking about the willingness to be close physically, to touch, tickle, kiss, hug, and generally be physically intimate with him (I'm not necessarily talking about sex, but it would include sex). I've seen a number of wives who withdraw physically. They don't seem to want to be touched, don't want their hair messed up, etc. The lack of overall touch starves the relationship.
Men typically are fairly physical. Physical touch means something to them and being able to be close physically generally equals intimacy for a man. So snuggle up and get close, often.

Kindness is more than deeds. It is an attitude, an expression, a look, a touch. It is anything that lifts another person. Author Unknown

Think generous! Lori <><

Copyright © 2001-2008 Lori J. Byerly
All Rights Reserved
http://www.the-generous-wife.com
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn, this reminds me of the story that Debi Pearl tells in her book, "Created to be His Help Meet." Remember the one where her and Michael were sitting around a table with several other pastors and wives and the one hubby put his arm around his wife, and she shook him off for fear of messing up her hair. I remember, Debi saying that that woman had 'everyone' in the room's attention, not in a good way. Her point of course was to not refuse our husbands overtures, regardless of how clumsy. :) Great post Jenn! :)

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks