Click here to shop on Amazon

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Surprise visitor!

I had the most wonderful surprise on Tuesday. I finally got to meet one of my uncles. Since we came back to the island I have not been able to meet him. While my hubby and I were shopping just before Spanish class on Tuesday I met him at the department store. It was wonderful. After we left him he called me to tell me that my cousin Carol from Trinidad was here. I almost flipped. She is my second favourite cousin. My first favorite cousin died a few years ago so I guess that bumps her up the list to first favourite. Anyway I called her and we made plans for her to spend Thursday night with us. We had a blast catching up. I had not seen her since she was a bridesmaid at my wedding seven years ago. She's wonderful. Here are a few pictures from her short visit. Here I am showing off my blog so that she can keep tabs on what's going on with us. She's on the right:


This is breakfast time on Friday morning before we left for town. Because we had to get everyone in the picture, my hubby and his brother Ivon took turns. So this picture is with my hubby at the table in the striped shirt:

And this picture is with Ivon at the table:

We had scrambled eggs, vienna sausage sauteed with onions and tomato ketchup, tomato & cucumber salad and wholewheat hot dog bread.

I was so excited that morning to have Carol there that I forgot I was fasting my breakfast and when I was halfway through the first bite I remembered. It was a funny sight, I jumped off the table to go spit out the stuff in my mouth with everyone wondering what's wrong. Is it the food? What is it? I came back to the table asking everyone if they would like extra food. No one is answering because they are wondering why I'm doing this. Then I reminded them that I was fasting and I just remembered hence my immediate exit from the table and the subsequent generosity. Then they were able to accept the extra food on their plates. It was so funny! She left on Saturday afternoon to fly back to Trinidad. On her return visit I promised that we would take her to Screw's Spa. I'm really looking forward to that one. God just continues to bless my life with all these wonderful surprises and times with my favorite people. Thank you Lord!!!!!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks