Click here to shop on Amazon

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tips for Wives - Have A God Basket

Spiritual wholeness is so important.  Without God we would not be alive.  Let us cultivate our relationship with our Creator.  I heard a preacher say that you cannot really love your spouse fully unless you know how to love God fully and unless you receive and experience God's love to you.  Here are some pretty bags that you can put all your essentials for your quiet time with God or you can make one if you're into crafty stuff.
   












  



Read and study the Word. I know that we all know we are supposed to do that. I think however, we do it with a "have to" mentality, or we check it off of our to-do list, or, worse yet, we walk around feeling guilty because we don't do it or don't do it enough.

Why should we read and study? My top reason would be to get to know God. I don't want to read as a "have to." I want to read because I am hungry for Him. I also know that I will be fruitless without Him and I want to be able to genuinely love and serve those around me. That can only come from living my life with Him and allowing Him to transform me.

I encourage y'all to make a "time with God" basket or bag. Tuck in a Bible, a notebook and pen, a pretty bookmark and anything that will make quiet time with God easier. Set aside regular time for God and also look for those bits of time that make themselves available to you.

Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 
John 15:4 NIV


Be generous! Lori
Copyright © 2001-2009 Lori J. Byerly
All Rights Reserved
http://www.the-generous-wife.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks