As regular readers of my blog know, I love finding out what nutrients are in the foods we consume and what their health benefits are. I was stunned to find out that one can treat wrinkles with a paste made using plantains. I don't have any wrinkles to try it out on but that was an interesting find. Click on the link in the list of benefits below to get the recipe and be sure to come back and share if it works. As a matter of fact you can click any of the links to get more information or recipes dealing with that particular thing. God's natural foods are so potent! Alleluia!!! So without any further ado here are my findings on the health benefits of plantains:
- Plantains boosts kidney health, sexual functions in men
- Plantains are excellent at promoting digestion.
- Plantains will help your body retain more calcium, phosphorous and nitrogen … which will help rejuvenate your healthy tissues.
- The sugar in plantains can easily be metabolized and digested by your body.
- Plantain skin can aid in healing warts, poison ivy and bruises
- Plantains contain high levels of vitamin A, potassium, calcium, iron and fiber.
- Plantains will do wonders at keeping you regular and will relieve you from constipation.
- Plantains are low in sodium.
- Plantains can help alleviate skin allergies
- Plantains don’t contain ANY cholesterol!
- Plantains (and yellow bananas) are an essential food for anyone suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) because they contain natural mood enhancers … so eat more plantains during winter months when the daylight is shorter and shorter.
- Plantains can be used to treat wrinkles
Vitamin A - 1818 I.U.
Vitamin C - 21.8 mg
Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol) - 0.3 mg
Vitamin K - 1.4 mcg
Niacin - 1.5 mg
Vitamin B6 - 0.5 mg
Folate - 52.0 mcg
Pantothenic Acid - 0.5 mg
Choline - 25.4 mg
Calcium - 4.0 mg
Iron - 1.2 mg
Magnesium - 64.0 mg
Phosphorus - 56.0 mg
Potassium - 930 mg
Zinc - 0.3 mg
Copper - 0.1 mg
Selenium - 2.8 mcg
Amazing isn't it? Please do share any other uses you've found for plantains. I would love to know. Look out tomorrow God willing for raw and other plantain recipes.
mybeautymatch.com, lifestyle.iloveindia.com, ehow.com, trendyafrica.com
For more articles on healthy living, raw foods, vegetarian and raw food recipes and more subscribe to the Fruitful Vine Newsletter.