Click here to shop on Amazon

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Recipe:Raw Plantain & Tomato Rice

I remember growing up that my father loved rice and my mom used to make rice in all different kinds of ways. I am not as big of a rice lover as my father but I've been doing just like my mother and preparing rice in all different kinds of ways. Today's recipe is one of the ways that I made plain rice a bit more appealing for my family.

Raw Plantain & Tomato Rice
www.jennifervalerie.com




Raw Plantain & Tomato Rice

1 cup cooked rice
1 very ripe raw plantain
2 tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 cloves garlic
1/2 onion
Coconut oil/Olive oil

Method
Place cooked rice in a bowl. Peel and dice raw plantain and add to the bowl. Dice tomatoes and add together with chopped celery to the bowl. Peel and grate/chop garlic and onion and add. Drizzle oil and mix everything together. Enjoy!



For more articles on healthy living, raw foods, vegetarian and raw food recipes and more subscribe to the Fruitful Vine Newsletter

Visit and like the Fruitful Vine Facebook Page for even more articles and links on healthy living.

2 comments:

  1. It looks very yummy! This is a great way to use left over rice. I like it because it is generous with garlic. It sure beats plain rice..Thanks for giving me so many ideas on how to make rice more exiting.
    Hop over and check out my new banner and color and tell me what you think...

    jo
    http://joshealthcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo. It is definitely tasty. You're welcome. I'll be over later.

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks