Pumpkin comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. Long, round, small, large. My father in law plants pumpkin on the land he farms and he has had some huge pumpkins that surprised me. I never knew pumpkins could get that big. Of course, since then I've seen pictures of humongous pumpkins online but at the time it was super huge to me and still is by normal standards.
Now here is a list of the health benefits
- Low in fat
- Low in sodium
- Rich in beta-carotene
- Rich in potassium
- Rich in calcium
- Significant soluble fiber
- Has hypotensive properties
- Has diuretic properties
- Has laxative properties aiding in constipation
- Had anticarcinogenic properties
- May assist with coronary heart disease
- Capable of neutralizing excess stomach acid
- Has an emollient and protective effect on the stomach lining
- Aids in dyspepsia(indigestion)
- Helpful in cases of pyrosis(heartburn)
- Good for cases of gastroduodenal ulcer
Here are some pumpkin recipes for you experience the benefits a bit more often.
If you have a question on vegetarian eating that you would like me to answer then fill in this short form to submit your question. I'll answer in an Ask Jenn video on Wednesdays.
Visit and like the Fruitful Vine Facebook Page for even more articles and links on healthy living.
For God's Glory!