Click here to shop on Amazon

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christophene in a Basic Sauce Recipe

A simple yet tasty recipe from my kitchen to yours.




Christophene in a Basic Sauce


2 christophenes
1/2 onion
2 cloves garlic
1 sprig thyme
1 sprig parsley
1 tsp curry
Wholewheat flour
Coconut oil/Olive oil
Water
Sea salt

Method
Peel and dice christophene. Put in a pot of water with the sprig of thyme and some sea salt to cook. While christophene is cooking peel and chop garlic and chop the parsley.  When christophene is done, drain but keep the water in a bowl to use in making the sauce. Saute onions in coconut/olive oil until translucent. While onions are sauteeing, mix 2 tbsp flour in 1 cup of the water drained from the christophene and grate garlic. Add curry, garlic, parsley and a bit of sea salt to the onions and stir. Add flour/water mixture and keep stirring so that it doesn't burn. If the sauce gets too thick add water to thin the sauce to the consistency you want it to be. Add christophene and mix well. Taste and feel free to add more sea salt or curry or whatever other seasonings you desire. Turn off heat.  Serve and enjoy!

From my kitchen to yours,
Jenn
If you have a question on vegetarian eating that you would like me to answer then fill in this short form to submit your question. I'll answer in one of the Ask Jenn videos on Wednesdays.

Visit and like the Fruitful Vine Facebook Page for even more articles and links on healthy living.
For God's Glory!

2 comments:

  1. Okay I had to look up what a christophene is. I'd know it as a chayote or pear squash. Looks good. I've never cooked one before because I had no clues about what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right. Usually I include the name chayote when I post about christophene but this time I didn't(unintentionally). I'll amend it. I have several recipes using it that you could try. Check the left side bar where I have the recipes indexed by foods.

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks