I've been discovering a lot of things since we starting serving at our new church, like the mangosteen discovery for example. I usually just use the powder but was delighted to know that the root is grown here. I plan on getting some one of these days from one of our church members to see the difference in preparing food when I use the root versus the powder.
I love to read and learn and by now you should know what's coming next. Yes, I researched what turmeric was good for and I was blown away. So without any further ado, here are the benefits of turmeric as I discovered them:
Benefits of Turmeric
- Reduces and may prevent some of the damage of cancer-causing free radicals
- May help in cases of prostate, skin and colon cancer
- It is anti-inflammatory
- Aids in joint pain
- Natural painkiller
- Helps to detoxify the liver
- The ingredient curcumin found in turmeric greatly aids in fighting cancer
- Helps in reducing skin rashes
- Assists in reducing gum infection
- May help prevent Alzheimer's
- May help keep blood sugar in check thus reducing the risk of diabetes
- Used to treat depression in Chinese medicine
- May assist in the treatment of psoriasis
Fun fact about turmeric:
When lime is added to turmeric, it turns into a brilliant red colored powder and is used for adorning women in India.
Curcumin is available on Amazon here - Buy Curcumin and you can find turmeric here - Turmeric available.
If you liked this article and want to know when I post new articles and recipes, subscribe to the Fruitful Vine Newsletter.
If you have a question on vegetarian eating that you would like me to answer then fill in this short form to submit your question. I'll answer in an Ask Jenn video on Wednesdays.
Visit and like the Fruitful Vine Facebook Page for even more articles and links on healthy living.
For God's Glory!
Sources: mnn.com, riseearth.com, bewellbuzz.com, altmedicine.about.com, rebellesociety.com, healthdiaries.com
Image courtesy of smarnad/FreeDigitalPhotos.net