Click here to shop on Amazon

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Discipline your children promptly - It's the Word of God

My Bible reading this morning was Proverbs 13. Verse 24 jumped out at me. He who spares his rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him promptly. (NKJV) This verse I had always known, quoted etc. But this morning the Lord beckoned my gaze to the last word in that verse - promptly. This is an issue that I face when I am tired or busy or unsure. I don't discipline my 3yr old promptly. Granted I am much better than a few months ago but sometimes I don't do it promptly at all and then it is too late.

Dear Lord, please help me to discipline my boys promptly. I don't want to be considered a mother who hates her sons. Your word says that I can do all things through you who gives me strength. I ask for your strength right now Lord. You are my only hope, my only source. Help me be the mother you have called me to be in Jesus name I pray with thanksgiving. Amen.

May those of you who read this and face the same challenge be strengthened by our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

Be fruitful and multiply. Multiply what the Lord has put in your hands and glorify Him.
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks