Click here to shop on Amazon

Thursday, September 13, 2007

More food and a few thoughts

I love being back in the Caribbean. When we lived in New Orleans we couldn't find a decent mango or avocado. I loved living there, I just missed certain foods. I have enjoyed everywhere I have lived. There is just an overall contentment when you know that you have followed the Lord's direction. Now we are in St. Thomas and I'm enjoying it and plan to enjoy much more of it. It's a crime to live near the beach and not enjoy it. It's a crime to be able to hang your clothes out in the bright sunshine and not do it. Don't take me too literally now it's not really a crime as in illegal, I just mean that we should enjoy the beauty wherever we are. I have always found things to enjoy wherever I have lived no matter how hard it seemed to people on the outside looking in. Yes we pray to be in a better financial situation. Yes we would like to own our own home one day. Yes we would love to see the people at church more on fire for God. Yes we would like to see a lot of things changed but despite that there are lots of things to enjoy. And enjoy them I have and am.(was that proper English - anyway doesn't matter - it's not an English exam right! LOL)

I was not feeling well yesterday(that time of the month). My wonderful husband brought me breakfast in bed and then drove home at lunch time to give us something to eat. The first picture is what he made for us. Delicious. Rice with bits of chicken, leftover pasta with tuna, broccoli, leftover potato salad and diced mango. Mmmm. I'm spoiled Praise God.

This next picture is of our breakfast this morning. Sliced green and red bell peppers, onions and hotdog sausages sauteed in vegetable oil. Served with avocadoes( my hubby's contribution) and 7grain bread from the store(my hubby usually bakes but we finished his last loaf and he has not yet been able to bake more yet).



Be fruitful and multiply. Multiply what the Lord has put in your hands and glorify Him.
Jen
Peace and God's blessings be upon those who obey Him and whose minds are fixed on Him - Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith. Oh how I love Jesus. He is everything to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks