Click here to shop on Amazon

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Update

Still no computer or internet access at home. God has just been amazing in His ways. I am just finding myself changing from what I was to someone better. I am redoing my Home Management Control Journal to reflect the change of pace and living quarters. We picked up the forms from the Ministry of Education regarding homeschooling and their requirements. I am in the process of understanding all that they require and filling out and submitting their requests for approval by them. The Lord has wonderfully blessed in the use of the internet a bit closer to home. My brother in law and his wife have their computer back and set up with internet and they are allowing us to use it. I have to come over to my mother in law's home to do my laundry so while I am doing that today I am using the computer at my brother in law's home next door. We live about 10-15 minutes walk from them going down a hill and through the savannah and then up the village street. Boy I sure am getting my exercise in.
Actually as we have been praying for God to direct us as to His purpose and plan for us here, I am sensing in my spirit that my focus in the next phase of preparation for his work here is physical fitness. Therefore in my daily schedule I am planning to walk for exercise in the late afternoons. My water intake definitely has to be increased and my vitamin intake more consistent.
I have found a slight shift in my attitude towards homeschooling. I have become more focused and committed to the point where I have the boys alphabet display cards and number train cards up on the walls of the living room and plan to put up the calendar chart as well. Before I would teach them using the cards but not put them up on the walls because it was not part of my 'decor'. I find it ridiculous now but then I have been changed in this new season of our lives. I am growing from strength to strength and becoming more mature in my thinking.
I find it a bit trying not having internet as readily available as usual. Also telephone costs are high. In St. Thomas calling anywhere in the Virgin Islands was free and the cost to the States nominal. Here in Dominica it is costin $1.65 per minute to call the States. The cost of calls on the island from person to person varies from 25cents a minute to 90cents a minute. Quite a difference. Internet connection is $150. Telephone connection is another $150. I am just wanting to throw a pity party right now. O poor me I have no home phone and no internet and everything is so expensive but I won't. I won't because everywhere God sends us, the provision accompanies it. If we had just moved on our own without direction from God then I would have to worry about if our needs would be met. It is so freeing when you know that your paths have been directed by God. I am just waiting on His provision of everything that we need to fulfill his mandate and plan here. Yes it is an adjustment but it is His call. I respond with a hearty yes Lord and that is all there is to it.
Quite a long post. Have a blessed day everyone. Remember to be fruitful and multiply what the Lord has put in your hands.
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks