Click here to shop on Amazon

Monday, May 5, 2008

My weekend

My weekend was good as usual. The boys slept at their grandparents on Friday night. I had a lapse in memory and did not remember that the Ladies Ministry was having the fundraising barbecue that night. I felt so bad because I'm usually there to help. I apologized on Sunday at church to a few of them.

On Saturday after taking care of things on the home front I went to my inlaws and cooked lunch for the boys and their grandparents because their grandma had gone to town to run some errands. Knowing how hot the weather is and how tired she would be when she got back I did not want her to come home and still have to cook. I spent the rest of the afternoon just relaxing, napping, watching TV and then came home.

Sunday was a wonderful service. The senior pastor called on my hubby and his brother to assist with the communion service. It looked so good seeing the three pastors up there together I couldn't resist taking a picture.

When my mother in law told me that she was going home to cook after service I invited them home for lunch.

We had a simple menu of rotisserie chicken, macaroni salad, rice and tossed salad(lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers) with my homemade dressing(vegetable oil, brown sugar, vinegar, seasoning salt). We enjoyed the time with them. We put up the airbed for them to sleep on afterward. They enjoyed that experience.

But the crowning glory of the Sunday night came when my brother in law graciously said that we could have the chocolate he had in the fridge. It was white chocolate, my absolute favorite. I don't eat chocolate very often anymore so that was a real treat. When I bit into that chocolate I felt the taste just explode in my mouth and I was in ecstasy. Oh my goodness! The taste was exquisite. I did not eat all at once. I want to savor the taste. It might be finished today. This was a real blessing and Praise God from whom all blessings flow. The name of the chocolate is "Dream" and trust me it was a real dream biting into its deliciousness.

So that was my weekend in a nutshell. Today is a holiday on the island but for us since we don't go to a job or to a traditional school it is a usual day. The boys slept over at their grandparents again last night and so this morning I had the chance to complete my morning duties in peace and quiet. They are fighting a flu it seems with sniffling, runny nose and occasional sneezing. Judah had an earache early this morning so my hubby had to drive down to his parents to give them the children's pain reliever. He brought them home just now on his way to take his parents to the garden. I have been giving the boys a brew with garlic, guava leaves, thyme sweetened of course. It seems to be helping. Today because of the earache I did a strictly garlic brew as an antibiotic which I believe will also help cut the life of the flu short. I'm not sure that school will get done today because of the way they are feeling right now. If they feel better later on this morning we might. That's all for now folks. Later.




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say you have quite a lovely blog here, I am going to have to come back and visit I see you give out some wonderful Tips and ideas.

    In case you are wondering I am visiting via Amy's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Sunday! I pray the boys are feeling better.

    Please do make a post and share about how to make your garlic brew. I'm all for natural cures. :)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks