Click here to shop on Amazon

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Prayer chain & blogging/twitter addiction

Women of Virtue, our Ladies Ministry started a 24-hour prayer chain to cover our church leaders, pray for our community and our church. My chosen hours were 7am and 11am but there was one left which no one wanted - the 1am slot. I decided to make the sacrifice, set the alarm on my phone and take that time slot. Well, I woke up fine at 1am on Tuesday morning, prayed and went back to sleep. I prayed again at 7am but when 11am rolled around, I was in the middle of homeschooling time and forgot. Needless to say I believe that these extra times of prayer coupled with the 40day program I mentioned a while back will give a tremendous boost to my spiritual life.

What I did notice that has happened already is that I am much more sensitive to when I’ve done wrong. I found myself having to apologize three times today because I was hasty in my speech. They were things that could have passed by unnoticed but when I said them, I felt the Spirit of God tugging at my heart and so I had to ask forgiveness. Boy, was that ever humbling. I am really going through the refining process but I thank God because His word says that he who is able to bridle the tongue is a perfect man. I know that I can never be perfect like God while on this earth but it is good to know that I am growing to be more and more like Him especially in the area of bridling my tongue.

Also along the lines of spiritual growth, I will be going on a 7-day blog fast. While I was at our midweek service last night the Lord convicted me that I need to reprioritize and overcome this blogging and twitter addiction. I need these to be part of my life not taking over my life. My challenge is I love the computer and have for the most part of my life and also I have a passion for reading from the time I was 2yrs old(early early reader). So put me in front of a computer with internet access and the potential for me to get lost going from site to site, blog to blog reading and having a ball of a time is very real. I have made some great friends while blogging and tweeting but I must take a break, reassess and put these in their rightful place. My first ministry is to my family and I have to get back on track there.

The generous wife tips will continue to be posted everyday on Help Meet Ministries because I have set it up to post automatically while I’m gone.

For those of you who are new to my blog Fruitful Vine - Welcome! Read through my posts using the categories sections on the right and left sidebar. Go through the archives and enjoy yourself! I have posts about my family, my country, myself, my boys, my hubby, my life. I would love it if you would leave a comment letting me know you stopped by. Become a follower using the link in the right sidebar, join my communities and have fun!

Love you all my precious online friends. I will be back in a week unless the Lord says otherwise. He calls the shots.




1 comment:

  1. Very wise of you to do so. I also stopped blogging regularly, and didn't want to be harnessed by this lifestyle of spending more time with the computer than necessary.

    But I'm glad you'll be back! See you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks