Click here to shop on Amazon

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Twitter/blog fast results


Get More Caribbean Graphics @ www.CaribbeanCodes.com

www.CaribbeanCodes.com



My blog/twitter fast? I’ve had a lovely time on it. The first couple of days were not so lovely because I was being purged of my addiction to the internet. I remember feeling and thinking all kinds of thoughts to compromise and go part of the day, alternate times of internet and other things. I remember trying to figure out a way to get around it by saying things like I could just go on to check my email and then get off or I could go on just to read homemaking blogs. All kinds of thoughts made their way through my mind the first couple of days. But after the initial “withdrawal symptoms” it was okay. I reclaimed the Domestic Diva within and did a few of the things I had been meaning to do for some time. Here are some of the things I did:

 Put up some hooks to hold mugs and jugs and clear up some cupboard space.

 Hung up my utensils on nails and removed the container that was holding them clearing up some counter space.

 Returned my mother in law’s food processor that I’ve not used in months also clearing up some counter space.

 Made some seasoning pepper puree.

 Also pureed some onions, garlic and celery which sped up the prep time while cooking.

 Filed or threw away tons of paper clutter from our home office.

 Stopped being so irritable at the boys and became more focused on them while they did their schoolwork.

 Spent an entire day relaxing in bed with hubby while we listened to love songs and then some. 

 Swept as usual but gave my floors a much needed mopping. They were not looking dirty because I kept them swept but they need mopping.

 Reorganized my vitamins and found space for my storage bags, napkins and disposable forks and spoons.

 Rested more.

 Exercised more.

 Listened to more scripture on audio than usual.

 Gave myself a pedicure.
 Read some e-books saved on my computer that I had been meaning to get to.

 Listened to some audios that I had also been meaning to get to.

 Kept my sink shining every night.

 Cleaned out all the science projects in my refrigerator.

The only project I did not get to was the mountain of ironing, the day I decided to do it the electricity company had a power outage for the entire day as part of their usual system maintenance.

I am hoping that I do not have to go through this process again to get myself freed from addiction to blogging and twitter. I pray that I keep my focus and pay attention to what’s most important. I plan on taking a break from active blogging every so often but it won’t be as drastic as this past week. I will schedule posts to be published during my absence, have some persons doing guest posts and I’ll still be able to go on the internet. Because of this experience I’m realizing that a break every so often is necessary and healthy for me.

Hopefully as I related my experience you were motivated to change or tweak your schedule and lifestyle somewhat in order to achieve balance in your life and avoid the addiction I experienced. Small changes can make a big difference. I love you my blog friends.





4 comments:

  1. I appreciate your candor in admitting to an Internet addiction. :) And I was impressed with your productivity when you gave it a break. It is certainly easy to let the computer take up more time than planned! Thanks for your thought-provoking post!

    With hope in Him,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so right Dana it is easy to let the computer take up more time than planned! Thank God for the fast, it allowed me to change for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That was an eye opener! Thank you, my hubby kind of hints to me about it...Time for me to take action! Your new covenant Sister in Christ!

    -Nubian

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! Nubian Queen. When hubby hints it is better to do something about it than let it escalate.

    I'm glad this post could help.

    ReplyDelete

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks