Health Benefits of Eggplant
- Cholesterol reduction
- resists extra iron from getting accumulated
- protects from cardiovascular disease and heart attack
- effectively used to control obesity
- helps keep blood sugar in check, reduce glucose levels of type II Diabetes
- reduce and regulates high blood pressure
- helps lower cholesterol levels and prevent cholesterol build-up
- help prevent constipation
- helps lower your risk for coronary heart disease
- can help reduce swelling or bleeding
- has been used to treat dysentery
- helps protect the lipids (fats) in brain cell membranes
- can help prevent cancer
- can prevent hemorrhoids
- naturally low in calories and has no fat
- preventing the absorption of cholesterol in the intestines
- can help in cases of stomach ulcers
- helps prevent colitis
- can help in various nervous conditions
- good for balancing diets that are heavy in protein and starches
- helpful for the proper functioning of the digestive system
- antimicrobial, antimutagenic and anti LDL
- helps prevent bacterial and viral infection
Persons with suspected or untreated kidney or gall bladder problems should refrain from eating eggplants. Eggplant should also be avoided by individuals suffering from gout.
http://www.whfoods.com, http://www.elements4health.com, http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com, http://hubpages.com/, http://www.associatedcontent.com, http://www.brighthub.com, http://www.natural-homeremedies.com
I haven't seen eggplant for a while so if you have access to it include it in your meal plan and enjoy the health benefits.
For more articles on healthy living, raw foods, vegetarian and raw food recipes and more subscribe to the Fruitful Vine Newsletter.
Visit and like the Fruitful Vine Facebook Page for even more articles and links on healthy living.