Click here to shop on Amazon

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bok Choy(Chinese Cabbage) and Pumpkin Saute

When I was first introduced to Bok Choy aka Chinese Cabbage, I was unsure how to prepare it. The majority of the time I used it in soups.  Then I got a little more courage and tried it different ways. This is one of the ways I came up with.  It didn't come out too bad (If I do say so myself... smile).  Here is recipe #16 in our 30 Day Nature Isle Recipe Marathon.


Bok Choy(Chinese Cabbage) and Pumpkin Saute


1 bunch bok choy
2 cups pumpkin, diced
1/2 onion
3 cloves garlic, grated
Sea salt
Coconut oil/Olive oil
1 cup water
1 tbsp curry
 
Method
Trim the end off the bunch of bok choy. Wash bok choy, chop and set aside.  Slice onions and saute in coconut oil or olive oil until translucent.  Add curry and saute for another 10 seconds or so.  Add bok choy and pumpkin and saute for another 10 seconds.  Add water and sea salt.  Cover and let come to a boil.  When the pot is boiling, lower heat and let cook. When pumpkin is cooked the liquid should have reduced quite a bit. Add garlic and more sea salt if needed.  Serve and enjoy!






Visit and like the Fruitful Vine Facebook Page for even more articles and links on healthy living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Share

Disclosure

From time to time I receive a cash payment, gift or item of nominal value from a company affiliated with a brand, topic and/or product that is mentioned herein. (Disclosure link - http://cmp.ly/6/qik5q5)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks